Do you have a passion for producing extraordinary baked goods, while working in a fast paced and friendly environment?
Come join our team. Our Bakers work in one of the most popular places in Coaldale. Who doesn’t want a hot chocolate chip cookie or a delicious, still warm donut every so often?
As a Baker’s Assistant, customer satisfaction is your top priority. You will assist in producing and packaging items such as cakes, buns, muffins, breads, and other baked goods. You will simultaneously produce great product while ensuring the cleanliness of bakery aisles, storage areas, and work area for safety. This includes the cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of spills, removing hazardous debris from floor, and sweeping.
As a Baker’s Assistant, you will maintain clean, safe, and sanitary bakery area and equipment. You will stock, fill and ensure accuracy while examining the rotation of all bakery products and discarding outdated or spoiled items. You will receive, inspect, and log products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
Our Bakery products are second to none. From presentation, to tagging and pricing accuracy, we demand a high level of production and presentation to deliver an outstanding experience for our valued customers.
If you’re someone who thrives in a fast paced environment then we want to hear from you.
Qualifications to be a Baker’s Assistant at Coaldale Bakery you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High school diploma or equivalent; with 1-2 years Bakery experience; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Be dependable and reliable, having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior, have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift.
- This role also requires vertically transferring trays up to 5 lbs., from 7” to 64” for up to 10 hours, and vertically/horizontally transferring items up to 40 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
- Adhere to all safety and health regulations.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a rewarding career, you’ll receive:
- Competitive pay
- free lunch while working
- discount for you on all purchases made at Coaldale Bakery and Coaldale Food Market
- Flexible schedules
- Closed Sundays and Stat Holidays
- Opportunity for Benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday