We offer: competitive compensation, professional development opportunities and a professional, positive and energized workplace.
SERVICE AREA: Barons-Eureka-Warner FCSS area.
Education & Qualifications
- A Masters degree in counselling, social work or other related discipline.
- Registration with a professional association and/or governing body (ie. ACTA, CCPA, CAP, ACSW)
- Understanding, knowledge and training in various therapeutic applications such as: Solution Focus Brief Therapy, Art Therapy, Play Therapy, EMDR, Trauma Informed Care, CBT
- Experience working with children/youth struggling with grief/loss, parental divorce/separation, gender and sexual orientation.
- Experience facilitating in-person and on-line psycho-educational and psycho-social groups for children and youth.
- Knowledge of the Code of Ethics and Practice Standards, the Child, Youth & Family Enhancement Act, Young Offenders Act, and FOIPP legislation.
- An understanding of the philosophy of prevention programs and services.
- Working knowledge of Office 365
FCSS Child & Youth Counsellors use a purposeful and strengths-based approach in the provision of short-term, goal directed, counselling services. The scope of practice is preventative and guided by the central vision of helping clients realize their fullest potential. FCSS Child & Youth Counsellors provide the following services:
- Individual and family counselling;
- Psycho-educational and psycho-social groups;
- Information and referrals;
- Presentations and workshops; and
- Community development.
The Child and Youth Counsellor is directly responsible to the Counselling Services Supervisor.
- Collaborate with community agencies to connect:
- Families with appropriate supports;
- Work together to meet the needs of each community;
- Ensure no duplication of services.
- All FCSS employees are expected to perform administrative responsibilities to meet organizational and funding requirements as directed by mandate and policy.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of client information.
- Ensure data entry is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all programs and activities comply, and are in accordance , with BEW FCSS policies and procedures.
Application deadline: 2021-01-24
Expected start date: 2021-02-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.85-$35.87 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our staff as safe as possible we have enhanced cleaning protocols, social distancing. PPE such as masks, gloves and hand sanitizer are provided.
- Master’s Degree (Required)
- direct client: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19