The Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Machine Operator loads the trolley or loader with webs and inspects the product as it comes out. The Operator then collapses and labels the product once it’s verified for quality, before sending it through the wrapping machine. The Operator is responsible for documenting the process by ensuring the production sheet is completed thoroughly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the successful operation of the assigned machine (one machine per operator).
- Loads and unloads quality-checked webs onto the trolley or loader, and then pulls completed forms from the Allessio machine for further quality checks.
- Ensures that the product is properly guided through the machine to be inspected by quality personnel.
- Places bar code labels on inspected forms to be scanned into inventory.
- Fills out the production sheet according to production and quality checks. The production sheet ensures traceability of the product, quality, and is reviewed by Quality Personnel and Plant Manager.
- Responsible for restarting the machine should there be a mechanical fault.
- Collectively lifts boxes and components onto conveyors, identifies and records any problems relating to the product, process, and quality assurance.
- Cross-trains on other production positions to assist as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Reports all quality and mechanical issues to EPS Leader.
- Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through the proper channels.
- Reports all safety hazards to immediate Supervisors if not able to correct the issue.
- Clean and maintain the area in the EPS Department to ensure proper functionality.
- It is the responsibility of the EPS Machine Operator to report any violations of departmental procedure to their immediate supervisor.
- Assist in training new employees.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- No prior experience or training is required.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Positive Attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to work independently.
- All production positions are subjected to loud noise.
- All production positions will be subjected to elevated temperatures in the warm/hot seasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.