WITDOUCK FARMS near Iron Springs AB (M.A 112004 RGE RD 202), is seeking Seasonal General Farm Laborers TEER: 85100
Full Time, Part time and seasonal positions available!
General farm laborer performs manual duties set out by the crew leaders (during shelter placement). The general laborers’ responsibilities include processing equipment, handling bees and their shelters, maintaining a clean work environment, and maintaining the bee yard. General Labourers will be required to place bee shelters in canola and alfalfa fields in Southern Alberta. They will also help with picking, sorting, and grading of on farm potatoes.
- Build bee equipment to desired expectations
- Load, place pollination equipment in field
- Collect pollination equipment from field
- Place bees in fields
- Assists crew leaders, crew members, and yard foreman on-site
- May operate equipment to transport bees and bee equipment
- Minor woodwork
- Miscellaneous field work relating to bees
Wages start at $15.65-$18.00/hr depending on work experience, availability, and if employees require accommodations. Accommodations are available.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A valid motor vehicle license and the ability to speak English will be considered an asset
- Formal education or work experience is not required
- Applicants must be in good physical condition, lift 50 lbs. consistently throughout the day, work in all types of weather
- Able to work in a team environment
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org