Greenhouse Robot Operator
Whole Leaf Ltd. – Coaldale, AB
Hours: Fulltime – Must have flexible availability including weekends and holidays
Whole Leaf Ltd.,part of the Star Group of companies, houses five greenhouse technologies all under one roof and is truly state of the art in all facets. Whole Leaf is a world leader in sustainable greenhouse grown, one of a kind leafy greens with just over 11 acres of growing space. We are the exclusive grower of Inspired Greens and Inspired Leaves and our lettuce is grown clean year round without the use of pesticides. Robotic equipment is used ensuring that our many varieties of lettuce are untouched by human hands throughout their life cycle in the greenhouse. Whole Leaf is proud to be the first greenhouse in North America to use this advanced technology. With products listed at all major retailers and foodservice companies Whole Leaf continues to set a high bar as the best greenhouse grown greens available in the world.
The position of Greenhouse Labourer (Robot Operator) is vital to the operation of the greenhouse. The operators are responsible for transferring plants from one growing area to another using high tech robotic equipment. Operators are responsible for making sure the plants get transferred in good health and in a successful manner.
- Transfer plants to new growing area/space using robotic equipment
- Performing quality control on the plants that are transferred
- Inspect and report any major plant health or quality issues
- Assist in troubleshooting of system problems and errors
- Use windows based software program to track plant traceability
- Complete day to day greenhouse tasks as needed
- Complete daily checklists and paperwork
- Communicate with other employees to ensure effective work
- Maintain a clean work space
- Maintain accurate and legible records
- Responsible for following and complying with Occupational Health and Safety and Food Safety Regulations.
- Other tasks may be assigned as deemed necessary
Key Attributes and Skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Problem solve, trouble shoot
- Understanding of basic mathematics
- Understanding of basic mechanical and electrical systems
- Proficient user of windows based software programs
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent
- Past greenhouse experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
- Work outside ordinary office hours (including weekends and holidays) may be required
- Ability to work in hot and humid climates found in greenhouses.
- Standing and walking for two to three hours in a row
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Climb ladders and stairs regularly throughout the day
- Crouching and kneeling
*To learn more about Whole Leaf, visit our website at www.inspiredgreens.ca
The greenhouse is located outside of Coaldale and we ask that individuals have reliable transportation to and from work.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (in PDF Form) in confidence.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to meeting you….even if it is virtually!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Greenhouse: 1 year (preferred)