Greenhouse Sanitation Worker
Whole Leaf Ltd. – Coaldale, AB
Hours: Full time and part time positions available, work outside of ordinary office hours (including weekends and holidays) may be required
Full time availability: Monday to Saturday, 2:30pm to 11:00pm, hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week
Part time availability: Saturdays with the potential for other shifts during the week, 2:30pm to 11:00pm, hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 8 hours per week
Whole Leaf Ltd.,part of the Star Group of companies, houses five greenhouse technologies all under one roof and is truly state of the art in all facets. Whole Leaf is a world leader in sustainable greenhouse grown, one of a kind leafy greens with just over 11 acres of growing space. We are the exclusive grower of Inspired Greens and Inspired Leaves and our lettuce is grown clean year round without the use of pesticides. Robotic equipment is used ensuring that our many varieties of lettuce are untouched by human hands throughout their life cycle in the greenhouse. Whole Leaf is proud to be the first greenhouse in North America to use this advanced technology. With products listed at all major retailers and foodservice companies Whole Leaf continues to set a high bar as the best greenhouse grown greens available in the world.
The Sanitation worker is responsible for keeping all areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Use approved chemicals to sanitize equipment, machinery, and food contact surfaces
- Pressure wash, sweep, mop, and scrub surfaces as needed
- Safely dispose of waste
- Adhere to health and food safety policies and procedures
- Report health and food safety issues to management
- Additional tasks as required
Key Attributes and Skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent
- Past sanitation experience is an asset but not a requirement
- WHMIS certification is an asset
- Forklift experience is an asset
- Tractor loader experience is an asset
- Ability to work in hot and humid climates found in greenhouses.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
- Safely lifting up to 50lbs
- Climbing ladders and stairs regularly throughout the day
- Crouching and kneeling
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Positive and fun work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Be part of an exciting industry!
*To learn more about Whole Leaf, visit our website at www.inspiredgreens.ca
The greenhouse is located outside of Coaldale and we ask that individuals have reliable transportation to and from work.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (in PDF Form) in confidence. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Please state if you are looking for FULL TIME or PART TIME Employment.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Sanitation: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
- Tractor Loader: 1 year (preferred)
- WHMIS Certification (preferred)