Lethbridge Family Services is a private, non-profit organization operating since 1910. We are highly accredited and with more than 380 employees, the largest community social services organization in southern Alberta.
We offer a supportive, inclusive team environment with a strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a competitive remuneration package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, generous vacation and personal time, and subsidized fitness memberships. We support your career through opportunities to learn and grow, including paid professional development opportunities, and on-the-job coaching and support. Our “family” culture supports many opportunities to participate in events including health and wellness challenges, social club activities, annual holiday parties and recognition events. Check out our website at www.lfsfamily.ca.
Position: HEALTH CARE AIDE
Department: Home Services
Location: COALDALE, AB
Hours: Regular Hourly and Casual work available. Includes day, evening and weekend shifts. Must be available to work a minimum of 2 weekends a month.
This position provides in-home support to seniors and individuals who need assistance in completing activities of daily living.
Client-care is specific to the individual and may include assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, medications, meals, palliative and respite care. Supporting our clients includes monitoring behavior changes and ensuring client safety.
· Minimum age requirement of 18.
· Health Care Aide Certification or related experience (certification can be obtained while working through partnership with Norquest College).
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License, with current registration and insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift up to 20 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting, and transferring.
· Previous experience in community care is an asset.
Lethbridge Family Services is a highly accredited, charitable human services organization that improves the wellbeing and quality of life for individuals and families in Southwestern Alberta.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit plan, shift/weekend differentials, HCA certification and opportunities for growth in continuous learning and advancement.
Lethbridge Family Services requires all new employees to produce a clear Vulnerable Record Search, obtained via your local Police Department, prior to starting work in order to further protect our clients, employees and volunteers.
If this sounds like an opportunity that interests you then we invite you to submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter referencing job posting HS100, including the area(s) you are available for, and where you viewed our ad:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Lethbridge Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coaldale, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you over the age of 18 and legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you able to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check upon hire?
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person