Position Title: HR Specialist
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
Grade: Grade 04
Requisition ID: 5648
We know the importance that food plays in people’s lives – the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. Our purpose is to bring enjoyment to people’s lives through great tasting food, in a way which reflects our values.
The HR Specialist is responsible for providing local HR support in three main areas leveraging knowledge of local/regional/ cultural nuances and HR practices.
1) Employee Relations
2) Talent Acquisition of High Volume roles (Plant, Manufacturing and related)
3) Manage employee leave of absence process
- Support people managers and employees with employee relations issues (activities may include conducting investigations, managing appeals, addressing misconduct, issuing discipline, suspension, and/or termination).
- Execute local recruitment efforts, such as maintaining job requisitions, running talent acquisition events, proactively sourcing candidates, and developing/maintaining the local candidate pool(s).
- Manage candidate assessment and selection process to ensure alignment of talent and local business needs/succession plans.
- Process voluntary and involuntary separations for in-scope employees, mitigating any potential risks and adhering to local legal requirements.
- Manage in-scope employee movement and contract management, including the updating and changing of personal and individual work data.
- Manage in-scope employee leave of absence process, including working closely with vendor, and initiating the leave of absence within the HR system.
- Work with the Employee Experience Centre and HRBPs to manage reductions in force / redundancy efforts, as well as employee retirements.
- Work with any relevant local authorities / vendors to ensure local legal requirements and business needs are adhered to.
- Share insights and trends with key stakeholders to drive more effective / efficient HR customer service delivery.
- 3-5 years of experience as a HR Generalist
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Professional Human Resources certification
- Generalist HR knowledge; comprehensive HR policy and process knowledge
- Ability to apply HR knowledge / experience across HR policies, programs, processes and functions
- Strong knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Strong business-specific knowledge coupled with project management and analytical skills
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with impact and handle confidential information
- Working knowledge of HR systems is beneficial, particularly SAP and SuccessFactors
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Human Resources
Division: Global Human Resources
Department: HR Delivery – Canada
Location(s): CA – Canada : Alberta : Coaldale
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)