Simplot Canada (II) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the J.R. Simplot Company. The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Location Manager is responsible for leading the location team and focused on achieving the goals and priorities of the company. Priority is to ensure all location personnel has a vigorous understanding and adherence of company’s safety policies and procedures along with supervising operational and support staffs at the location; including staffing, training, order fulfillment, inventory management, budgeting, fleet management, equipment maintenance, procurement and records retention. Directly, or through subordinate supervisors, supervises and trains all operations, administrative, and application staff and may supervise other location staff.
- In conjunction with Group and Simplot EHS&S function, ensures company safety programs (ex. CARE) are implemented, maintained, and regulatory requirements (i.e. DOT and environmental) are adhered to through weekly safety meetings, direct actions or management oversight. Ensures safety policies and procedures are communicated and followed along with maintaining and ensuring proper certifications.
- Provides leadership to Location in coordination with the Market Manager and Crop Advisors to ensure efficient operations along with strong customer commitment (internal and external).
- Organizes day-to-day operations resources, work practices and procedures to optimize utilization of resources and efficiency of the business. Manages operations, logistics, procurement, equipment, rolling stock, and facility improvements, which includes capital and project management accountability. Ensures effective workforce maintained by selecting, coaching, training, and managing performance of Location personnel.
- Supervises service to walk-in customers, receives telephone orders from customers and Sales Representatives. Prepares product mix instruction sheets, Material Safety Data Sheets, and work orders.
- Supervises the purchase of all products sold at the Location and ensures adequate inventory to meet sales and delivery needs. Ensures appropriate receipt and record keeping for Location inventory.
Disclaimer ‑ The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified
Associate’s degree (A.A. or equivalent)
- 10+ years related experience and/or training
- Agricultural industry experience
- Class 1 or 3 Driver’s License preferred or willing to obtain in a given time period
- HazMat Endorsement preferred or willing to obtain in a given time period
- Applicators license preferred or willing to obtain in a given time period
- Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations and working to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to lead, communicate and motivate teams.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to become familiar with industry related software.
- Financial acumen required.
- Advanced expertise relating to specific technology that could include some or all of the following: mechanical, equipment, record-keeping, specialized computer equipment and/or software packages, etc.
- Proactive in providing customer service and support beyond typical operational needs.
- Analysis and problem-solving abilities to deal with out of the ordinary assignments.
- Must have advanced interaction skills and the ability to successfully deal with people from other locations and regions.
Job Requisition ID: 6813
Travel Required: None
Location(s): SGS Retail – Chin