GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Perform routine, preventative and emergency maintenance checks to keep equipment, systems, spaces, structures and infrastructure in proper operating condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform standard work in a safe manner by following all written and verbally communicated safety rules and procedures.
· Inspect and repair plant equipment, including but not limited to mechanical, welding, carpentry, electrical, instrumentation and controls to minimize downtime.
· Assist in identifying and procuring outside contractors to support plant maintenance programs.
· Find and recommend the purchase of critical spare parts for inventory.
· Document accurate maintenance activity records.
· Clean and maintain assigned area and tools to ensure proper functionality.
· Cross-train on other production functions to provide assistance as business need dictates.
· Participate in the continuous improvement process, to include reporting environmental/ health and safety hazards and/or making recommendations for improving equipment inefficiencies.
Expected start date: 2021-05-03
Related keywords: maintenance technician, maintenance, technician, millwright
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Facilities maintenance: 5 years (preferred)
- maintenance: 5 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place