Position Title: Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
Grade: Grade 05
Requisition ID: 26147
McCain Foods is proud to be a family and values-driven company. Our values are integral to our culture, helping to shape how we operate, how we work together and the choices we make. They are a big part of what makes us unique. McCain Foods opened their first production facility in their hometown of Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. McCain Foods quickly established itself within the Canadian marketplace and then began a journey to become the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen French fries and potato specialties.
McCain products can be found in thousands of restaurants and supermarket freezers around the world. In addition to fries, McCain also produces other foods, including appetizers, oven meals, vegetables and juice for both the retail and foodservice industries.
All potatoes are not created equal. We should know. We’re McCain Foods: the world’s largest producer of frozen French fries and a leader in quality food products around the globe. In all we do, we strive to be the very best and maintain our commitment to quality, value and convenience. The same is true of our people. We seek only the best. If you are at the top of your game and share our sense of responsibility to the community, believe strongly in the values of honesty, integrity and fairness, and you seek a healthy environment in which to grow and succeed; you may be just the spud we’re looking for. Come grow with us.
McCain Foods (Canada) has an immediate opening forMechanical Maintenance Supervisor at our Coaldale, Alberta Food Processing Plant. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the successful applicant will become part of a maintenance team that will be responsible for coaching, leading, and developing a team of millwirghts and providing direction to ensure the factory is maintained in a safe and reliable manner.
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisors are responsible to ensure the safe execution of all maintenance and mechanical repairs for the Processing Department. The Maintenance Supervisors oversee all facets of maintenance to ensure maximum operational potential is realized for the entire factory operation, with a minimum of expense and downtime. In large part this is accomplished through preventative maintenance and immediate repairs of failed equipment. Additionally, Mechanical Maintenance Supervisors are responsible to ensure that all buildings, grounds, and industrial vehicles are appropriately maintained
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports the safety program(s) and departmental safety requests
- Able to foster, develop and maintain a strong safety culture within the Maintenance Department
- Provide leadership and support for an Industrial maintenance team, working towards proactive maintenance systems and continuous improvement strategies
- Administrative responsibilities include task/time scheduling using CMMS as well as electronic reports as required
- Assists the Plant Department Manager in the preparation of and adherence to annual maintenance budgets
- Liaison with corporate support for project management initiatives
- Ensure safe, efficient work practices for building/equipment repair, rebuild shop, fabrication, welding, rigging and other associated activities
- In collaboration with Reliability engineers, electrical and maintenance supervisors and others in department, lead and participate in RCA activities to get to root cause for events meeting the RCA trigger points
- Supervision of contracted services within the factory as required
- Prepares necessary requisitions to ensure required parts and materials are at the plant site in a timely manner to avoid unnecessary downtime
- Coordinates and maintains an effective preventative maintenance program
- Support and develop training schedules and activities for the Maintenance Department
- As a member of the maintenance leadership team at the facility, participate in the continuous improvement process. This includes taking an active role in process improvement initiatives, employee training, and upgrading your current skill base
- Completes and submits required reports in a timely manner
- Other projects and duties as assigned or required
- A bachelor degree in a related field (preferred) or an Industrial Mechanical license with 5 to 10 years of supervisory and training experience in a processing plant or an equivalent combination of experience and qualifications
- Solid understanding of proactive maintenance systems as well as continuous improvement strategies included in the lean manufacturing model
- Technical knowledge of production equipment, pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, and familiarity with machine shop and tools, maintenance, and construction priorities
- Knowledge and experience leading and improving vibration analysis, thermography, lubrication analysis and other predictive maintenance and analytic solutions to help improve plant reliability
- Demonstrated skills in time management and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to interpret industrial drawings as well as budget estimations for projects
- Results-oriented, team player with excellent supervisory and communication skills, as well as strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to negotiate with equipment/parts supplier
- Strong computer skills would be an asset
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Department: CDL Potato Maintenance
Location(s): CA – Canada : Alberta : Coaldale || CA – Canada : Alberta : Calgary || CA – Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || CA – Canada : Alberta : Grand Prarie || CA – Canada : Alberta : Lethbridge || CA – Canada : Alberta : Red Deer || CA – Canada : Alberta : Rocky View
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)