Under general direction, this role performs a variety of job responsibilities which may include delivery of fertilizer and chemical products to customers from the Unit office, equipment and plant maintenance work, and fertilizer blending.
- May assist with recordkeeping related to warehouse/inventory responsibilities.
- Performs varied responsibilities such as: equipment and plant maintenance including welding, pump and engine overhauls, painting, and general housekeeping responsibilities; loading and delivering fertilizer and chemicals to customers; operating equipment to blend fertilizer; monitoring product application by calculating amounts, calibrating equipment, controlling application rates, and cleaning and storing equipment after application process; receiving and unloading product and performing warehouse inventory and storage functions.
- Miscellaneous duties such as assisting with special projects, attending training sessions, providing back-up when needed, etc.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
- Class 1 or Class 3 prefferd
- Knowledge of basic farm equipment and operation. Skills: Ability to do a variety of tasks in succession, i.e., blending products together, loading a truck, and driving the truck to a farm.