Position Title: Plant Manager – Coaldale
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
Requisition ID: 6515
McCain Foods (Canada) has an immediate opening for a Plant Manager in our Coaldale, Alberta Facility. The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall management, direction and co-ordination of plant operations in carrying out company objectives at the lowest cost consistent with safety and quality requirements. We aim to delight consumers & customers with our food and nothing we do is worth getting hurt for.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Manufacturing, or other as designated by the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee overall plant operations including safety, finance; manufacturing; manufacturing engineering; materials; quality assurance / control; human resources; information systems; environment; public, supplier, government and customer relations.
- Proactively fostering and promoting the safe work habits of employees. Ensure proper safety policies and procedures are followed. Active participation in health & safety initiatives, taking a lead role in safety optimization in the drive towards zero incidents. Leads positive safety culture, and safety engagement.
- Responsible for all aspects of HACCP program at the plant.
- Preparing and managing overhead and direct cost budgets for each fiscal year
- Setting strategic objectives for the plant, accountable for achievement of plant performance objectives and product quality
- Setting performance objects for direct reports
- Oversee career growth of direct reports, and conduct performance appraisals for subordinate managers
- Ensure all departments are working together to realize McCain objectives
- Assist auditors when an audit of the plant is undertaken
- Preparing plant progress reports
- Lead organizational effectiveness and cost savings initiatives for the site
- Responsible for environmental policies, site emergency response plan and crisis management
- Work closely with the Plant Leadership Team to achieve production goals and KPIs efficiently
- Champion continuous improvement through the active engagement of the plant team members in overall capability building
- Responsible for overall site employee engagement
- Works collaboratively with site HR to build a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Drives engagement and action plans related to employee engagement survey feedback
- Directly supervise a team of approximately 8 Department Managers
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Advanced experience leading, coaching, and influencing others
- Sound fact based decision making and problem solving skills with a focus on delivering results and resolving day to day operational challenges
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and successfully lead projects/work teams
- Adaptable and flexible team player who is a champion of change
- Skilled in developing and executing strategic site plan
Critical CORE (Our Company’s Behavioral and Business) Competencies:
- Ensures accountability
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Drives Engagement
- Displays Company values; authentic, committed, and trusted, focusing on doing the right thing and building genuine relationships with customers, colleagues and stakeholders.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Science or Business or a related field
- 8-10 years’ leadership experience
- 8-10 years’ food or beverage manufacturing experience
We offer competitive benefits and pension package with the opportunity for advancement within the McCain Global Network. McCain Foods Coaldale is a 24 hour, 7 day a week facility.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Greater North America
Department: CDL Potato Plant
Location(s): CA – Canada : Alberta : Calgary || CA – Canada : Alberta : Coaldale || CA – Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || CA – Canada : Alberta : Grand Prarie || CA – Canada : Alberta : Red Deer || CA – Canada : Alberta : Rocky View
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)