The Plastic Machine Operator is responsible for the successful production of plastic webs and ensures all paperwork is filled out accurately, meticulous quality checks are performed, and material is stored correctly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pick pins from the box, inspect pins for quality (ie. length), and place pins in trays.
- Pull webs from the rack of the Husky machine and inspects for quality.
- Ensure quality by performing weight and stretch tests once per pallet, for each web.
- Complete the production sheet according to production performance and quality checks.
- Restart the machine as needed.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Team lift boxes.
- Operate up to four machines all within the Husky department.
- Pull pins from recycled webs and recycle plastic by placing them into a granulator.
- Identifies and records any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system.
- Cross-trains on other production positions to provide assistance as business need dictates.
- Performs other related duties as required, requested, or assigned.
- Reports all quality and mechanical issues to Maintenance Department.
- Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through the proper channels.
- Report all safety hazards to immediate Supervisors if not able to correct the issue.
- Clean and maintain the area in the Alessio department to ensure proper functionality.
- It is the responsibility of the Plastic Machine Operator to report any violations of departmental procedure to their immediate supervisor.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Three to six months of related experience and/or training is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Positive Attitude and work ethic.
- Operators must be able to work independently.
- All production positions are subjected to loud noise.
- All production positions will be subjected to elevated temperatures in the warm/hot seasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.