Full Job Description
Position Title: Sanitation Specialist
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
Requisition ID: 20205
We know the importance that food plays in people’s lives – the power it has to bring people, families, and communities together. Our purpose is to bring enjoyment to people’s lives through great tasting food, in a way which reflects our values.
McCain products can be found in thousands of restaurants and supermarket freezers around the world. In addition to fries, McCain also produces other foods, including appetizers, oven meals, vegetables and juice for both the retail and foodservice industries.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
McCain offers full benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance. In addition, we offer other benefits including:
- BlueCross Benefits starting on Day 1
- Pension Match 5%
- Career Development & Education Reimbursement Assistance
- Apprenticeship, Internship, & Coop support and opportunities
Sustainability and Planet Friendly Practices are at the heart of McCain:
We’ve embarked upon a journey to create planet-friendly food. We are committed to investing in resource-efficient operations in factories and farms.
- We are moving to 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Donating 200 million meals to food banks and NGO worldwide by 2025.
- Implementing regenerative agricultural practices across 100% of our potato acreage by 2030.
As the Sanitation Specialist, you will provide critical leadership in sanitation and sanitary design at the manufacturing site. This position is instrumental in the development and implementation of standards and policies designed to ensure site processes, equipment, and facilities may be cleaned and sanitized in order to maintain product safety and quality.
- Develop and maintain site sanitation standards and policies for wet and dry cleaning operations in alignment with Corporate policies and procedures
- Work directly with micro technicians as direct reports
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively with all plant operations, Corporate QFS, Chemical Vendors, 3rd party sanitation providers and others to implement, direct and continuously improve sanitation programs and policies at the manufacturing site
- Monitor key sanitation metrics (such as chemical usage, MSS completion percentage (Periodic equipment cleaning, periodic cleaning and sanitation effectiveness) at the manufacturing facility to identify, react to emerging issues, and implement preventive actions.
- Track, analyze, and develop improvements of plant sanitation and pest elimination programs
- Support extended cleaning request validations, new line/equipment installation
- Develop and conduct assessments (deep dives, audits, and inspections) of sanitation systems, procedures, and manual cleaning practices at plants for compliance to standards and identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Assesses/Audits any identified Sanitation Preventive Controls in Food Safety Plans in collaboration with site food safety
- Collaborate cross functionally with Operations, Engineering, EH&S, and Maintenance in addressing sanitary design issues and risk-based prioritization of capital projects related to sanitation and food safety.
- Provide education/training to key stakeholders on sanitation principles
- Support corrective/preventive actions and root cause analyses when environmental issues are detected.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or related
- Experience in food manufacturing
- Food Safety and Sanitation knowledge and familiar with principles and practices
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools to be used on sanitation issues
- Demonstrated skills in time management and managing multiple priorities.
- Results-oriented, team player with excellent supervisory and communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving abilities
Previous experiences that might be an asset in this role include the following titles: Sanitation Supervisor, HACCP Coordinator, Process Engineer, Food Safety Specialist, Technical Writer
Want to learn more? Ask our recruiter on LinkedIn! #LI-SW1.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Quality & Food Safety
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Department: CDL Potato Production
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)