Position Title: Shipping Operator
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
- Achieve a pace as to keep up to production/shipping in a safe and organized manner
- Ensure that rotation and WMS procedure are adhered to on the crew
- Ensure that QC sampling is completed
- Consolidate products for optimization of freezer space
- Safely operate all forklifts
- Properly complete all required documentation
- Maintain good housekeeping in the area
- Computerized generation of Bills (BOL) Including X-port documents
- Understand the trailer Axle weight significance and how it relates to weight distribution
- Accurately follow the legal axle loading weight tolerances of all trucks to maximize the total load quantity and product distribution
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Competencies):
- High School Graduate
- Proof of valid Driver’s License
- Familiar with computers, and able to learn new programs
- Physically capable of performing job duties (lifting up to 80 pounds)
- Able to work in fluctuating temperature environments (extreme cold to warm)
- Knowledge of shipping procedures and WMS, SAP
- Previous forklift experience (loading palletized loads as well as slipsheeted/clamped loads)
- Provide guidance in all operational activities of the AGVs
- Interest and aptitude for robotics an asset
- Knowledge of the E80 Client
- Must be willing to successfully complete Forklift, Scissor/Boom Lift and Fall Protection Personal Fall Protection and Scissor/Boom Lift training (minimum height requirement 20′). Must be able to operate this equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Successful completion of a 90-day familiarization period is required
- Must have safe working habits
- Strong leadership, reasoning and judgement will be required to facilitate proper planning and implementation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and controls; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family:Manufacturing; Supply Chain & Logistics
Division:NA Supply Chain
Department: Cold Stores and Distribution CDL