Under general direction, this role performs a variety of job responsibilities which may include delivery of fertilizer and chemical products to customers from the Unit office, equipment and plant maintenance work, and fertilizer blending.
- Performs varied responsibilities such as: equipment and plant maintenance including welding, pump and engine overhauls, painting, and general housekeeping responsibilities; loading and delivering fertilizer and chemicals to customers; operating equipment to blend fertilizer; monitoring product application by calculating amounts, calibrating equipment, controlling application rates, and cleaning and storing equipment after application process; receiving and unloading product and performing warehouse inventory and storage functions. Responsible for keeping a clean, orderly vehicle and organizing the warehouse and yard materials.
- Ensure the proper loading and operations of vehicles in compliance with DOT, OSHA and Hazmat regulations. Comply with all company and customer safety requirements.
- Miscellaneous duties such as assisting with special projects, attending training sessions, providing back-up when needed, and other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Promote and live the Simplot brand to our customers, employees and community as the best-in-class Agricultural distributor. Responsible for accurate, timely, and safe product deliveries and where applicable, product application.
Disclaimer ‑ The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of basic farm equipment and operation preferred
- Ability to do a variety of tasks in succession, i.e., blending products together, loading a truck, and driving the truck to a farm.
- Ability to accurately and safely operate heavy equipment such as a sprayer/applicator and semi-truck and trailer.
- Ability to use a computer, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook – or mobile app.
- Ability to learn and manipulate company software.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with management, other team members, and customers.
Class 1 Driver’s License
** Simplot Canada (II) Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Day shift