Canadian Locators Inc. (CLI) is a leader in underground utility locating and damage prevention services. Headquartered in Alberta, CLI operates in BC, Alberta, and Ontario. We are currently seeking experienced Underground Utility Locators, with at least 1 year of prior locating experience, to work in Coaldale, AB and surrounding areas. Only those with a minimum of 1 year of locating experience will be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Read site plans, area maps and blueprints to determine location of underground high-voltage electrical cables, water lines, sewer lines, steam lines, gas lines, telephone and other communications lines, as well as duct banks and electric/water/gas taps to buildings.
- Utilize site plans, area maps, blueprints, computer mapping database and other location information along with conduit-location equipment to locate conduits; correct and update records using field findings.
- Mark buried utility locations and communicates relevant information to excavation personnel or other appropriate authorities. Operate line locator equipment, including metal detector.
- Attend coordination meetings or tailgate meetings at project sites or office to discuss and plan service outages.
- Attend training, health and safety, or other courses or sessions as required.
- Provide accurate documentation and/or sketches with measurements using an electronic drawing tool for the requested work area. Maintain accurate records of work time and client identities to allow proper assignment of charge codes.
- Complete tickets in a timely manner and upload to in-house work management program
- Maintain start and end logs of work perform.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner, and maintain professional appearance.
- Transport equipment/supplies to assigned job sites; clean and maintain locating equipment.
- Manage the internal integrated utility portal “Locatorbase”.
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures, including completing daily forms and reports.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 1 year locating experience
- Ability to read and update maps
- Comprehend data and information accurately
- Working knowledge of excavation/ construction/ locating/ computer
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work safely in high-traffic areas
- Operate line locating equipment and metal detector
- Ability to assist and support others, and an open to learning
- Must maintain ethics and integrity in all areas of job duties and responsibilities
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License (Class 5 or higher, not GDL)
- Criminal background check and driver’s abstract to be completed upon hire
- Preferred: Valid First Aid CPR/AED certificate, WHMIS, and/or CSTS
Canadian Locators Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a respectful, diverse, and multicultural work environment, free from harassment and violence of any kind. We do not discriminate based on gender, visible minority, religion, indigenous status, disability, or any other protected status or group. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Utility Locating: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)