The Warehouse Laborer will be working in the recycling area to cut down non-conformant Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) finished goods that did not meet production quality standards and remove the webs in a safe manner. Furthermore, the employee will be responsible for shredding foam in the Silo Room using the EPS shredder. Other jobs will include helping in EPS Department to stack/wrap Hydrofoam/OMEGA products, general labor around the production area, and housekeeping.
- Responsible for cutting various non-conformant/scrap EPS finished goods in the recycling area using cutting tools and cutting platform/table.
- Storing cut pieces of EPS foam for shredding into corrugated boxes.
- Removing plastic webs from the cut pieces of EPS finished goods, sorting them, and then placing them neatly in corrugated boxes.
- Stacking boxes of EPS pieces, plastic webs on pallets.
- Staging pallets of cut EPS foam and plastic webs neatly in designated areas.
- Initiates contact with EPS Leaders, Shipping staff for helping move pallets if need be.
- Reports all safety hazards to immediate Supervisors.
- Clean and maintain the recycling area to ensure proper functionality.
- Report any violations of departmental procedures to their immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that product lengths are within the min and max tolerance.
- Shreds cut pieces of EPS foam in Silo Room using the EPS Shredder.
- Identifies and records any problems related to the duties to EPS Leader.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as required, requested, or assigned.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- No prior experience is required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Reporting skills.
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.