Star Produce Ltd. (The Star Group)
Status: Full Time, Permanent (Part Time, Permanent positions also available)
Hours/Shift: 5:00am -1:30pm excluding Sundays
Starting wage: $16/hour
Whole Leaf, part of the Star Group of companies, is on a mission to grow Canada’s best-tasting and most sustainable lettuce, 365 days a year. Our 12-acre greenhouse facility near Coaldale, Alberta, is one of the most technologically advanced lettuce greenhouses on earth, producing Inspired Greens and Inspired Leaves for customers across Canada. Innovations in the use of robotics, integrated pest management, water conservation and automation help make Inspired Greens a clean, healthy and delicious choice. Thanks to customer-favorites products such as our whole-head living lettuce and ready-to-eat cut greens, Whole Leaf’s products are in high demand across the country. Join Whole Leaf and set the bar for Canadian-grown fresh produce.
**The greenhouse is located outside of Coaldale and we ask that individuals have reliable transportation to and from work**
The primary focus of the Greenhouse Harvester position is to manually harvest, package, stack, and store product in a safe, efficient manner, ensuring productivity and quality goals are met or exceeded.
- Harvest product by hand, inspect product for quality defects, remove quality defects, and place product into the proper packaging; use a knife to remove soil pots from specific types of product
- Stack boxes of product by hand onto wood pallets
- Label and wrap pallets of product; move finished pallets of product into the cooler with either a pallet jack or forklift
- Transport pallets of packaging/product using a pallet jack
- Additional tasks as required
Key Attributes and Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to focus on a single task for extended periods of time
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High manual dexterity
Education and Experience:
- No education or experience required
- Past greenhouse or warehouse experience is an asset
- Forklift experience is an asset but we are willing to train
- Tractor loader experience is an asset but we are willing to train
- Pass a background check
- Must be able to work in hot and humid climates found in greenhouses
- Hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week, work outside of ordinary office hours (including weekends and holidays) may be required
- Safely lift up to 50lbs
- Stand and walk for up to three hours at a time
- Climb up and down stairs
- Crouch and kneel
- Perform repetitive physical tasks
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Positive and fun work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Be part of an exciting industry
We invite you to visit our website to obtain more information about our companies, divisions, brands and products – www.starproduce.com
How to Apply
Please submit your resume in PDF Form. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- All new hires are required to submit a criminal record check. Are you OK with this?
- Are you capable of working in a hot and humid environment for an excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week?
- Please state if you are looking for full-time or part-time employment.
- The greenhouse is located outside of Coaldale. Do you have reliable transportation to get you to and from work?
Work Location: In person