Position Title: Sanitation Operator
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
Requisition ID: 7555
REPORTS TO: Sanitation Supervisor
- Complete routinely scheduled sanitation tasks including high pressure washing, scrubbing, deep cleaning, waste disposal, and general housekeeping.
- Responsible for mixing, handling and distributing all chemicals and cleaning supplies in the plant.
- Ensure all chemicals on site are properly identified, labeled and CFIA approved.
- Perform corrective actions to resolve issues identified in daily Food Safety and Sanitation audits.
- Take a lead role in the completion of daily HPC (High Performance Clean).
- Provide support and guidance to all operations staff during every scheduled plant cleanup and boil-out.
- Carry out various light janitorial tasks as required.
- Maintains all required documentation as it pertains to the sanitation process.
- Provide support and relief to various production staff as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of WHMIS, plant sanitation requirements, industrial chemicals, and HACCP and AIB Gold standards.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties including some heavy lifting (up to 70lbs).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of Grade 12 education.
- Must have proven history of safe work habits.
- Ability to work shift work when required- will be scheduled to work all cleanup and boil-out days.
- Must be willing to successfully complete Forklift, Zamboni, Confined Space, Personal Fall Protection and Scissor/Boom Lift training (minimum height requirement 20’). Must be able operate this equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Successful completion of a 90-day familiarization period is required
Position Grade – 5 ($24.08 – $25.72)
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Greater North America
Department: CDL Potato Production
Location(s): CA – Canada : Alberta : Coaldale
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)