At Nutrien Ag Solutions, we are devoted to the health and safety of all our employees and customers. During this time of uncertainty with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking extra precautions in our Manufacturing Facilities and Retail Sites to ensure safety and limit exposure for all. Nutrien Ag Solutions is still hiring and we continue to drive towards our mission of Feeding the Future.
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This is a seasonal role that will work between April and October 2021.
What you will do:
- Draw farm supplies from warehousing stock to fill customer orders
- Make deliveries or assists with the co-ordination of shipment with the transportation organization
- Assist in the identification of blending opportunities
- Complete farm supply shipping documentation
- Check for damaged articles, quality and quantity and records quantities received and reports to manager/supervisor with regard to damaged items and shortages
- Operate and service equipment used in the movement of farm supplies
- Operate by industry regulations in the handling and storage of farm supplies
- Complete related documentation
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program at the branch
- Keep the manager informed of levels of existing stock
- Comply with all Nutrien and Industry regulatory and safety standards at all times
- Keep facilities and grounds clean and tidy, well maintained, and free of fire hazards
- Carry out a regular preventative maintenance program and conducts minor repairs
- Maintain stock control records
- Perform other related duties as required
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated high level of customer service.
- Ability to achieve warehousing license, WHMIS, TDG
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively
- Effective communication and time management skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Mechanical operation and maintenance
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time under all weather conditions
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job including good eyesight and color perception
- 1+ year operational experience preferred with demonstrated equipment operations and maintenance skills
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license – preference will be given to candidates that hold a 3A or 1A
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran