Position: Shipper and Receiver
Company: Whole Leaf
Location: Coaldale, AB
Reporting to: Shipper and Receiver Supervisor
Whole Leaf greenhouse is an oasis of light that houses five greenhouse technologies all under one roof and is truly state of the art in all facets. Whole Leaf is a world leader in sustainable greenhouse grown, one of a kind leafy greens with just over 11 acres of growing space. We are the exclusive grower of Inspired Greens and Inspired Leaves and our lettuce is grown clean year round without the use of pesticides. Robotic equipment is used ensuring that our many varieties of lettuce are untouched by human hands throughout their life cycle in the greenhouse. Whole Leaf is proud to be the first greenhouse in North America to use this advanced technology. With products listed at all major retailers and foodservice companies Whole Leaf continues to set a high bar as the best greenhouse grown greens available in the world
The Shipper/Receiver’s primary focus is to prepare and process customer orders, receive items into the warehouse and report on inventory within the facility. The position is also responsible to participate in Inventory Management functions, ensuring inventory accuracy and monitoring inventory levels within the warehouse.
Job Context and Accountabilities
- Daily inventory counts
- Navigate within in-house software program for incoming shipments
- Assists with picking orders and configuring pallets for outgoing shipments
- Helps with unloading and loading incoming and outgoing trucks
- Receive any inbound trucks and put away products (peat, cardboard, jiffy pots, etc.)
- Check status of outgoing trucks
- Complete necessary documentation
- Pre-operation and maintenance for vac cooler, forklifts, wheel loader
- Meeting with sales/harvest staff
- Garbage/cardboard disposal
- General housekeeping tasks
- Other tasks may be assigned as deemed necessary
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year shipping experience is required
- Previous forklift experience is required
- Previous wheel loader experience is an asset
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- English Language proficiency (comprehension, speaking, writing, communication)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new computer systems
- Hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
- Work outside ordinary office hours (including weekends and holidays) may be required.
- Lift up to 25 kg
- Frequent standing/walking
About the Star Group
The Star Group’s mission is to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. In 1989, we started as a tomato re-packer and quickly discovered we needed to do a lot more! Today, The Star Group is comprised of six companies that each specialize in different sectors of the dynamic industry of fresh produce; BC Hot House, Consolidated Fruit Packs (CFP), Sliced, Inspired, Whole Leaf, and Star Produce. From seed selection and partnering with the best growers, all the way though to your grocery store, we are leading the way in fresh innovation.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Positive and fun work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Be part of an exciting industry!
The greenhouse is located outside of Coaldale and we ask that individuals have reliable transportation to and from work.
Please submit your resume in PDF form. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- wheel loader: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shipper and Receiver: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Forklift Operator (Preferred)