Shipper & Receiver
Whole Leaf Ltd. – Coaldale, AB
Hours: Fulltime – Must have flexible availability including evenings weekends and holidays
Whole Leaf Ltd.,part of the Star Group of companies, houses five greenhouse technologies all under one roof and is truly state of the art in all facets. Whole Leaf is a world leader in sustainable greenhouse grown, one of a kind leafy greens with just over 11 acres of growing space. We are the exclusive grower of Inspired Greens and Inspired Leaves and our lettuce is grown clean year round without the use of pesticides. Robotic equipment is used ensuring that our many varieties of lettuce are untouched by human hands throughout their life cycle in the greenhouse. Whole Leaf is proud to be the first greenhouse in North America to use this advanced technology. With products listed at all major retailers and foodservice companies Whole Leaf continues to set a high bar as the best greenhouse grown greens available in the world.
We are looking for a full time Shipper & Receiver to join our team.
The Shipper & Receiver’s primary focus is to prepare and process customer orders, receive items into the warehouse and report on inventory within the facility. The position is also responsible to participate in Inventory Management functions, ensuring inventory accuracy and monitoring inventory levels within the warehouse.
- Daily inventory counts
- Navigate within in-house software program for incoming shipments
- Assists with picking orders and configuring pallets for outgoing shipments
- Helps with unloading and loading incoming and outgoing trucks
- Receive any inbound trucks and put away products (peat, cardboard, jiffy pots, etc.)
- Check status of outgoing trucks
- Complete necessary documentation
- Pre-operation and maintenance for vac cooler, forklifts, wheel loader
- Meeting with sales/harvest staff
- Garbage/cardboard disposal
- General housekeeping tasks
- Other tasks may be assigned as deemed necessary
Key Attributes and Skills
- English Language proficiency (comprehension, speaking, writing, communication)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new computer systems
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year shipping & receiving experience is required
- Previous forklift experience is required
- Previous wheel loader experience is an asset
- Hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends. Possible Stat holidays may be required.
- Lift up to 25 kg
- Frequent standing/walking
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Positive and fun work environment
- Be part of an exciting industry!
We invite you to visit our website to obtain more information about our companies, divisions, brands and products – www.starproduce.com.
*To learn more about Whole Leaf, visit our website at www.inspiredgreens.ca
The greenhouse is located outside of Coaldale and we ask that individuals have reliable transportation to and from work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Shipping & receiving: 1 year (required)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
- wheel loader: 1 year (preferred)