We are seeking a highly motivated Shop Mechanic to join our team. This position will work independently and take the lead on all shop projects.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment including but not limited to:
- Trucks, trailers, tractors, forklifts, small engines, mowers, implements, generators, leafcutter stripping lines, strapping machines, air compressors, dust collector, dehumidifier, and mechanical refrigerator units (reefers)
- Diagnose problems and repair equipment
- Rebuild or replace parts (metal fabrication and welding)
- Organize and identify equipment by a reference number and year purchased on all equipment, record in database
- Projects, parts, and inventory:
- Provide cost estimates scenarios on specific projects
- Regularly quote parts and supplies we use regularly
- Manage and maintain inventory on parts and supplies
- Coordinate warranty and recalls
- Maintain shop, shop tools, cleanliness, and organization
- Report and advise tool requirements, equipment repair scenarios and recommend replacement on equipment when required
- Outstanding mechanical and automatic electrical problem-solving skills.
- Self motivated & can work independently
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize important projects and develop scheduled processes
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- Computer skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A commitment to safe work habits
HOURS OF WORK:
40-50 hours/week. Permanent full-time position.
Witdouck Farms offers a competitive salary and benefit package. The starting salary for this position will be based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.